AZERBAIJAN – GEORGIA – ROMANIA – HUNGARY – INTERCONECTOR
- AGRI LNG PROJECT –
A. AGRI PROJECT – Overall
The AGRI Project have been assessed to support the transportation of gas from the Caspian gas fields, passing through Azerbaijan and Georgia, to an LNG Liquefaction terminal on Georgia’s Black Sea coast, then across the Black Sea using LNGC’s to a Regasification terminal in Romania, and further pipelines to transit gas through Romania to Hungary and other potential gas markets.
B. PROJECT DECRIPTION
The elements in the transport system are as follows:
- Pipeline transport of gas from Republic of Azerbaijan to Georgian Coast
- Liquefaction of gas into LNG at new terminal on Georgian Coast
- Ship transport of LNG from Georgia to Romania
- Re-gasification of LNG to gas at new regasification terminal on Romanian Coast
- Pipeline transport of gas from Regasification terminal to Romania, Hungary and other potential gas markets.
Note: the parts 4 and 5 are included into PCI list.
C. AGRI Project on PCI list
The proposed transport system included into second PCI list will comprise the following scheme:
1. TRA - N - 376 Azerbaijan, Georgia Romania Interconnector – AGRI
Ship transport of LNG from Georgia to Romania – two LNGC carriers of 140,000 m3 capacity and re-gasification of LNG to gas at new regasification terminal on Romanian Coast built in one phase with storage of 160,000 m3.
The regasification terminal is made of the following main units:
- Marine receiving facilities (unloading arms, jetty).
- LNG storage (Full integrity tanks) associated with in-tank pumps and Boil-Off
- Gas re-condensing equipment.
- High pressure pumps which assure the send out pressure.
- Outlet metering and possibly odorizing units.
2. TRA – N - 132 AGRI Pipeline - Romanian section (East-West Pipeline)
Pipeline transport of gas from Regasification terminal to Romania-Hungary border which will involve new 810 km of 36” pipelines from Romanian Coast to the border with Hungary via Bucharest and Arad and 4.4MW of new compression 450 km from Romanian Coast.
3. TRA – F - 195 AGRI Pipeline - Hungarian section
Pipeline transport of gas from Romania – Hungary border to Varosfold which will involve new 110 km of 36” pipelines At Varosfold there is an existing hub which is able to permit to distribute gas in differing directions through a network of existing and proposed pipelines to target markets.
Project implementation period is 2024 and will have a maximum capacity (at the exit of LNG Regasification point) of about 8 bcm/year.
The project is included in the first list of projects of common interest to the European Union, with the numbers 6.22.1 and 6.22.2. and proposed for inclusion in the second list to be adopted PCI at the end of 2015.
D. Contact Person:
Mr. Mitica Savu
Phone: +40721 366 510
Fax: +4021 316 39 40 E –mail: email@example.com
E. Public consultation:
In accordance with Article 9 (7), Chapter III of Regulation (EU) No. 347/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 April 2013 on guidelines for trans-European energy infrastructure, repealing Decision no. 1364/2006 / EC and amending Regulations (EC) No. 713/2009, (EC) no. 714/2009 and (EC) No. 715/2009, the information will be published, in English, on the company web-site: www.agrilng.com/agrilng/Home/EUProjectOfCommonInterest.